1/25 Photos of To Die for Chicken Pot Pie That's 100% Vegan and 99% Fat Free
As you know REAL chicken pot pie is one of the absolute WORST foods you could EVER, ever eat. It's loaded with artery clogging Fat, and sooooo many calories - and it doesn't matter which frozen brand you buy - they're all just as bad. BUT - THIS RECIPE FOLKS IS THE SOLUTION! Yes - you can have your cake and eat it too. (or in this cake your pot pie) This recipe is SO LEAN, SO LOW IN CALORIES, but HIGH in VITAMINS, FLAVOR, FIBER, PROTEIN - you will NOT believe it's good for you. AND..... It tastes 1,000 times better than the heart-attack frozen versions in the freezer section. WHY THIS WORKS: I took out butter, cream, milk, and the horrible "All Purpose Flour" which is all basically poison. Sure, you might think those all taste great, but is 5 minutes of taste worth a 16 hour heart-bypass surgery? Why have the worry, and bad health when you can make this which tastes just as good and comes without the huge scar on your breast-bone. Oh, did I mention your jeans will still fit with this version too?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) packages vegetarian chicken strips, lightlife smart strips chick 'n style seasoned veggie strips meat free (has 0 grams of fat and 14 grams of protein)
- 2 cups peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional, for added vitamins and a sweeter taste)
- 1/4 cup sauted mixed mushrooms (I like crimini, which are tiny portobello mushroom, but whatever mushrooms you like, please use less)
- 1/3 cup chopped leek (or scallion or shallot)
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable stock (which has 0 grams of Fat)
- 1/4 cup white wine (totally optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon (optional as well)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (or black if you prefer)
- 2/3 cup soy flour (for a THICK gravy, if you like yours thinner, don't use all of this, just use enough until its the c)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1Mix vegan chicken, all the spice and veggies with 1 cup of veggie stock (and wine if you chose to use it) into a pan and cook on high heat for 5-10 minutes, until frozen veggies are soft.
- 2Mix together soy flour, worcester sauce and the rest of veggie stock together until it looks like peanut butter. Then add to the cooked veggie mix.
- 3Mix everything together, adding a little more soy flour if you'd like it thicker.
- 4Line a pie dish with the low carb tortilla and pour the the entire contents into the pie dish.
- 5Cover with a 2nd tortilla if desired to create a double crust pie shell effect.
- 6Put into over at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- 7Set for 5 minutes.
- 8Enjoy with no guilt!
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die for Chicken Pot Pie That's 100% Vegan and 99% Fat Free
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken strips