Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich and buttery, draped in chocolate...this is the best candy recipe I've come across...definetly to die for!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped toasted almond
- Heat the sugar, butter and water in a large, heavy pot with buttered sides.
- Cook rapidly and stir constantly, being careful not to scrape sides of pan.
- Cook until mixture reaches 300 degrees or the hard-crack stage, when a small amount of mixture dropped into a glass of cold water separates into threads that are hard and brittle.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of almonds and stir.
- Quickly turn the candy out onto a buttered cookie sheet.
- Form into a shape about 1 foot square.
- When almost cool, brush with melted chocolate and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Break into pieces when cold.