Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These muffins are extra large and yummy with the sugary-cinnamon crumb topping. I usually double the recipe and fill the muffin cups just to the top edge for a wonderful extra-generously-sized deli style muffin. Add extra blueberries too, if you want!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I think this blueberry muffin recipe is great! I might add that I don't use the crumb topping as<br/>I prefer to let the blueberry flavor shine through in this recipe.
I made this recipe in my bundt pan over all I thought it was good no complaints with the recipe I really don't think they are to die for good yes but not great
I didn't like this recipe as much as other reviewers. They were way too sweet for my tastes and the topping made the muffins have craters where the pieces of butter melted.