Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Melt butter in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Stir together the eggs, salt and flour.
- Add milk, but do not beat. Pour into pan with the melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Will puff up like popovers.
- Cut into serving slices and serve immediately with strawberries, lingonberries or syrup.
This recipe was a little too thick...i had to add more liquid...to get the right consistency....traditionally this is made with salt pork and served with lingon berry, goose berry and raspberry compotes....
the salt pork is sauteed in butter in a cast iron pan...when the pan is still hot the batter is added to form a crust....then it is baked @ 400 degrees
we always serve this with LIMPA (swedish christmas rye bread) on Christmas Morning....
Pretty good. Made a year ago. My husband says to try it with mushrooms, green onions and cheese next time.
Very good with the addition of ham. My Swedish Farmor made this often and served with Lingon Sylt. YUM