Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious vegetable soup.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, chopped (NOT rutabaga)
- 2 leeks, trimmed and washed and chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cubes or 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Put all vegetables in a large pot. Add the stock cube, olive oil, salt & pepper. Cover, just with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until all the vegetables are tender. Put the mixture through a food mill or blend with an immersion blender. Reheat to serve.