2 hrs 30 mins
From Susan Manlin Katzman, a free-lance food writer, St. Louis, MO. She got this recipe in 1987 from Tivoli restaurant which no longer exists. It was their signature dish and it won for best brunch dish in a contest. Two hour marination or more required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, juice from about 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa, your favorite
- 1Put chicken in a glass dish large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- 2Combine oil, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, cumin, shallots, pepper, cayenne and garlic.
- 3Pour mixture over the chicken and turn pieces to coat.
- 4Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- 5Remove chicken from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- 6Boil marinade and then leave at a simmer for use as a baste.
- 7Place chicken on oiled rack of gas grill over medium-high heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from medium-hot coals.
- 8Cook, turning once and basting often with the heated marinade, 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is firm, opaque, and light golden brown.
- 9Discard remaining marinade.
- 10Put 2 tablespoons of salsa on each serving plate and put 1 piece of chicken on top of the salsa and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tivoli's Cilantro Grilled Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.7
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 563.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 27.9 g