Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Call Culver City's Titos Tacos a dive or an institution, but they have one of the most famous all meat burritos in West Los Angeles. They have been in business for over 50 years with a line that never ends, no matter what time of day you go. Everything is homemade. When I was a kid I used to visit Titos Tacos when vacationing from Florida, and would order extra to freeze and take back to Florida with me. Now you can just make them at home, though not exact, they are pretty darn close. Now if I could only get their Salsa recipe.....
- Cut Chuck Roast into 1 inch cubes.
- Use a crockpot.
- Mix dry ingredients together and coat the meat in the crockpot.
- Pour in broth and mix well.
- Cook on high for a minimum of 8 hours or until meat is tender. If sauce is too thin, remove the lid and cook an hour longer so it will thicken.
- This sauce gets better after it sits for a while. I usually make it a day before, it will also thicken more in time.
- If desired, shred beef with a fork.
- Roll into Flour Totilla Burrito Style.
Making my second batch today. IMO it is 99 percent correct only 99 because it's not from Tito's otherwise it's perfect.
I know it has been a while since I have had Tito's, ( living 8 hours away ) , but I must say my house smelled like Tito's for two days. My family and I really thought it was delisious and right on! We will definitely making it again and again!!!!!
@ bbqbrisket - Well, it's no wonder it doesn't taste anything like Tito's, you changed the recipe many times. I love when people make their own changes and then complain about the food. This is why Tito's is famous and you're not.