Top Review by Kizzikate
We tried this tonight for ladies' night. We used the "cheap stuff" (working girls' budget) but it was very decadent and refreshing! Then, well, what else- we watched "Titanic"!!!
- 6 cups crushed ice
- 2 cups champagne or 2 cups sparkling wine
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white rum (optional)
- orange peel, slivered (optional)
Simple Syrup (use 1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Simple Syrup:.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute or until syrup is clear. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Makes 2 cups-Syrup can be stored in a sterilized container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- In a blender combine the crushed ice, 1 cup simple syrup, champagne, white wine, orange juice, and lemon juice. Blend until mixture is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into individual dessert cups. Drizzle with rum, if desired, and garnish with a sliver of orange peel. serve immediately.