Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
- 6 cups crushed ice
- 2 cups champagne or 2 cups sparkling wine
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white rum (optional)
- orange peel, slivered (optional)
Simple Syrup (use 1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Simple Syrup:.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute or until syrup is clear. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Makes 2 cups-Syrup can be stored in a sterilized container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- In a blender combine the crushed ice, 1 cup simple syrup, champagne, white wine, orange juice, and lemon juice. Blend until mixture is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into individual dessert cups. Drizzle with rum, if desired, and garnish with a sliver of orange peel. serve immediately.
We tried this tonight for ladies' night. We used the "cheap stuff" (working girls' budget) but it was very decadent and refreshing! Then, well, what else- we watched "Titanic"!!!