Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A whole meal...easy to put together and come home to.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 cup apple juice
- water, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely shredded
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- cabbage, cut into wedges
- horseradish, on side
- Place onions in slow cooker.
- Place corned beef with carrots on top.
- Mix together apple juice, brown sugar, orange peel, cloves, garlic, mustard and pour over top.
- Add water or additional apple juice if needed to cover the top of the beef.
- Cover and cook low 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Place cabbage on top the last 3 hours, pushing down to moisten.
- Turn on high and cook until cabbage is done.
- Serve with horseradish on the side.
I tried it in the summer when we were back east. When my family tried this recipe we liked it and I intend to try it again.
We didn't really like this one.