Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tisana is a fabulous party drink from Venezuela. It is fruity and light and traditionally served without alcohol at children's birthday celebrations. It is easy to make ahead of time, and it keeps refrigerated in a pitcher. If making for children simply substitute wine with Sprite or 7-UP.
- 750 ml bottledry sparkling wine, such as cava
- 946.36 ml passion fruit juice
- 236.59 ml club soda
- 59.14-78.07 ml sugar
- 1 small orange, sliced
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- In a puch bowl or pitcher combine the wine, passion fruit juice, club soda and sugar.
- Add the orange and lemon slices.
- Place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish glass with star fruit slices.
OMG I broke this down to just a quart and it is unbelieveable! YUMMY! I LOVE IT! thanks so much Cheryl ! Great drink recipe. Made while visiting South/Central America on ZWT4.
Funny story. The first time DH & I tried to make it, the champagne "opened itself" putting a dent in my ceiling from the cork and raining (literally!) 3/4 bottle of champagne over the two of us. The little we managed to salvage was so good we tried again the next day and WOW! We used mango nectar as we couldn't find passionfruit juice. YUM! Chill your sparkling wine first and BE CAREFUL! LOL made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4