Recipe by ElleFirebrand
An easy and delicious-sounding Greek pastry from "The Best of Greek Cuisine" by Georgia Sarianides. Posted for ZWT 4 - Greece.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar. Add the butter, milk and vanilla and beat for 5 minutes. Mix the flour, baking powder and peaches and add this to the egg mixture. Beat mixture together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan and pour the mixture evenly in and around the pan. Bake for 45 to 1 hour or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.