Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a greek cheese bread , the only difference is that it's fried!
- 2 lbs bread flour (or 1 lb whole wheat flour and 1 lb bread flour or 2 lbs whole wheat flour)
- 1 package yeast or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup of lukewarm water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- In a bowl mix yeast and water Let stand for 15 min.
- Put flour in a bowl, add dissolved yeast and gently mix.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Knead adding lukewarm water until the dough is soft not sticky, Cover with a towel, Let stand and rise Knead 2 or three times and divide dough in 8 little pieces.
- With the rolling pin spread the dough forming round flat cakes.
- Spread some oil on each cake.
- Place 1 tsp of crumbled feta on each cake and fold Deep fry until golden.