1/3 Photos of Tiropitakia (Little Cheese Pies)
1 hr 20 mins
These can be made ahead and frozen for a quick snack when unexpected company shows up. Just tack on a few minutes to the baking time to compensate for their being frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble or mash the feta cheese with a fork.
- 2Add the grated cheese, parsley, eggs and pepper.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in strips about 2x12 inches.
- 4Stack them one on top of the other to prevent From drying.
- 5Brush a strip of phyllo with melted butter, lay another strip on top and brush that one with butter too.
- 6Put one teaspoon of the filling on the short end of the strip, facing you, and fold over one corner to make a triangle.
- 7Continue folding pastry strip from side to side in the shape of a triangle until the entire pastry strip covers the filling. (Remember how we were taught to fold a flag into a triangular shape? Think of that as you keep folding the dough over. You should have a nice, neat, triangular packet.)
- 8Proceed in this manner with remaining pastry strips and filling until all are used.
- 9Put"tiropitakia" on a buttered baking sheet, brush generously with melted butter and bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Serve hot.
- 11You can also make these ahead, put on a baking sheet and freeze, unbaked. When frozen, just keep them in a ziploc bag and you can have tiropitakia at a moment's notice. Just add 5 more minutes to the baking time if you're using frozen ones.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiropitakia (Little Cheese Pies)
Serving Size: 1 (972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: