Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a classic Greek appetizer using of course feta.My mum used to make this often!
- 500 g feta cheese
- 1 spicy hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Firsty, put the feta in a bowl with water. Let it stand for 1 hour. Then drain and cut in cubes.
- Grill or fry the pepper,remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
- Put the feta cubes in a electric mixer bowl , add the pepper in pieces and begin beating.Add the vinegar and gradually the olive oil.
- In the end add the oregano and stir.
- Ready! It can be kept covered in bowl in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I made a half-quantity of this delicious spread/dip and DH and I loved it! Used a hot banana pepper and a very creamy-mild feta (Dodonis Brand). Great meze!
The taste is great but I would have liked it more spicy. I bought a red hot pepper. Next time I'll use 2. I find it too thick. It's hard to dip pita chips in it. I don't know if the feta could be the problem. Thanks Katia :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I have never had a feta dip before. Very different and yummy. I used lemon juice instead of the vinegar Made for Pac Fall 2009