Recipe by Random Rachel
A refreshing tart carbonated komquat-ade from Cambodia. Calamondins are a cross between a kumquat and a mandarin - I was unable to find either at my local grocery so I made it using 1 medium sized naval orange. The original recipe calls for 3 tbsp of sugar, which makes an incredibly tart beverage - I used sprite and 1/2 cup of sugar because the original was too strong for my tastes. from khmerkromrecipes.com
- 4 kumquats or 4 calamondins
- 1 1⁄2 cups club soda or 1 1⁄2 cups Sprite
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice 1 calamondin, remove seeds, and set aside.
- Juice the remaining three calamondins into a small pitcher, remove seeds. I used the juice of 1 medium sized orange instead since I was unable to find calamondins.
- Add the sugar and Club soda to the calamondin juice, stir until dissolved. The original recipe calls for 3 tbsp of sugar, which I found to be very tart - using 1/2 cup will leave you with a beverage sweetened similar to lemonade.
- Add ice cubes and garnish with slices of calamondin, serve immediately.