Recipe by Raine Brister
I like this recipe because there are times you need time to do other things..and this is a full course meal giving you the veggies and meats all in one foil wrapped package.
- 1 lb hamburger meat (Lean)
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 3 raw carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in a large bowl, the ground meat, egg, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Slide the piece of bread between your hands to crumble it into small crumbs and add to mixture.
- Once you have mixed this together, set aside while you do the following.
- Cut up your unpeeled potatoes into wedges, and slice your carrots into small slices.
- You will need 4 pieces of aluminum foil approx.
- 22" long each.
- Spray the foil with non stick spray.
- Take 1/4 of the hamburger mixture and lay in the middle of the foil in an oval shape.
- Push a small hole into the middle, making a well.
- Do this on all four sheets of foil dividing all the meat into 1/4 lb.
- servings for 4 people.
- Put a serving portion of raw potatoes on the right side, and the same size serving of the carrots on the left side of the meat, topped off with margarine slices.
- Cut onion in large slices and lay rings on top of it all.
- You will now take Worchestshire Sauce and put in the well of the meat you made.
- The sauce provides moisture for the meat while seasoning it as well.
- You can sprinkle extra salt and pepper if you like on top of the trio.
- Fold the aluminum foil over and close it on top making an envelope style package.
- Put all 4 meals on a non stick cookie sheet and Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 mins.
- according to how well you like your meat.
- While this meal is cooking, you can get your bath, sit in your easy chair, or help kids with homework.
- Then serve with salad and as garnishment-- sour cream is great!
- Add bread of your choice like rolls, garlic toast, etc.