Recipe by Slatts
A tasty twist on tiramisu using the natural chocolate and coffee flavors found in a stout beer. I used Guinness for this recipe. The addition of peanut butter to the cheese layer adds another dimension of flavor that is unexpected but marries well with the coffee and chocolate flavors. I hope you enjoy this tasty and easy to make treat!
Top Review by NurseJaney
Update 6/09 - have made this several times, always to rave reviews. Today - made 2, 1 with peanut butter, an 1 with Nutella -- for family get-together for Father's Day. Made them both in 9x9 glass dishes, and the lady-fingers fit just right. Made with Espresso coffee and Guinness, a great combo ! YUMMY YUMMY -- decadent YUMMY !! I followed the recipe EXACTLY, except for one major change -- I am not a fan of peanut butter, so subbed Nutella ! OHHH - how delicious ! Very easy to construct -- used Guinness, which DH polished off after lunch, mixed with double-strength coffee. My Ladyfingers were a tad out of date -- but no problem - let them soak the liquid for just a few seconds and placed in 8X8 glass baking dish. Had to break a few to make them fit, but a very good estimate of the number -- which is 1 package -- 4 glassine wrappers of 6 each. Thanks, Slatts, for a truly tasy treat -- AND for adopting me in PAC !
- 1⁄2 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup coffee, brewed strong and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup stout beer
- 24 ladyfingers
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the mascarpone, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped topping into the cheese mixture until well incorporated.
- Combine the coffee and stout in a small bowl.
- Quickly dip lady fingers (one at a time) into the coffee/beer mixture. Gently squeeze out excess liquid if needed. Lay half of the lady fingers in an 8x8 casserole.
- Top the lady fingers with half the cheese mixture. Dust with 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Repeat using the rest of the dipped lady fingers, the cheese mixture, and finishing off dusting the top with the last teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Place in the fridge to chill at least two hours.