1/3 Photos of Tiramisu With Orange Zest
From the City Times newspaper dated Dec 10, 2002. I haven't yet tried this, but I've heard a lot of praises about this one and hence went ahead and posted it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a zabaglione by beating the egg yolks and 150gms sugar in the top of a double boiler until ivory coloured.
- 2Whisk gently over simmering water until the mixture begins to thicken.
- 3Allow to cool.
- 4Take the juice and zest of an orange and cook till the zest is soft and the juice is thick.
- 5Mix it in the zabaglione.
- 6Soften gelatine in cold water.
- 7Add it to the zabaglione.
- 8Blend mascarpone cheese with the zabaglione.
- 9Add the cream slowly.
- 10Make a coffee mixture with coffee, sugar and Amaretto.
- 11Cool it.
- 12Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee mixture.
- 13Let it soak in the coffee syrup mixture.
- 14Arrange in a single layer in the bottom of a 9 inch bowl.
- 15Cover them with half the zabaglione.
- 16Repeat the layers, finishing with the zabaglione.
- 17Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu With Orange Zest
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 901.4
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 537.4 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 129.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: