Recipe by mikamouse
I got this recipe from my friend Lydia in Canada who tested and tried 10 different revisions of this recipe before finalizing this one!
- 48 Savoiardi cookies (like Lady Fingers *)
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 cups greek brewed coffee
- Kahlua, to soak the biscuits
- cocoa powder, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a strong coffee (Greek or espresso) & let cool – add Kahlua to taste.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding according to package recipe and put in fridge.
- Beat Mascarpone cheese with sugar. Add cooled pudding slowly. Beat until completely mixed and the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the Kahlua or brandy. Add 1/3 of the Cool Whip to mixture. (do not over mix).
- Have a rectangular pan (9” x 13” or larger) ready.
- Soak the biscuits very briefly in the coffee/Kahlua mixture only for a few seconds on each side and let the excess liquid drain. Place them in the pan to line the bottom. Spread 2/3 of the cheese mixture over biscuits. Sift some cocoa powder on top to cover. Place another layer of soaked biscuits and top with the remainder cheese mixture. Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Cover with sifted cocoa powder.
- Put in the fridge overnight.