- You will need a 9 x 13 pan.
- Beat egg yolks with the brandy until well mixed.
- Add the Mascarpone and continue to beat until smooth.
- Whip the egg whites until frothy and gradually add the white sugar. Continue to beat until they are quite stiff.
- Dip the ladyfingers, one by one and quickly or they will get soggy, in the coffee and put a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour half the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers and sprinkle half of the grated chocolate. Repeat 3 and 4, using the rest of the ladyfingers, cheese and chocolate.
- Chill for 4 - 6 hours.
- * Mascarpone cheese can be hard to find. To make your own, follow this recipe: Mascarpone cheese Blend 15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese with 3 oz cream cheese and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice. Place in food processor and process until smooth. (Approximately 16 oz. Can be substituted in recipe calling for 1 lb.)