- Melt chocolate in butter, set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip the egg yolks until light. Add sugar and beat over a double boiler until it is slightly thickened, fluffy, and light.
- Slowly add the Marsala wine, whipping all the while. (You now have Zabaglione.)
- Fold in the chocolate mixture. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks, then fold into the the chocolate until just blended.
- In separate bowl, whip the mascarpone cheese while slowly adding the espresso coffee. Add about 2 Tbsp.of sugar to it. (I didn't do this but think it would be a good idea).
- Line the bottom of a pretty glass bowl with the ladyfingers. Layer the cheese mixture over it, then the chocolate, then a layer of whipped cream; repeat twice. End with whipped cream and dust lightly with cocoa.
- Refrigerate several hours.