Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in a magazine, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. BUT, if the drooling doesn't stop any time soon, I think I'll just have to make the effort! *Times are approximations.*
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chilled
- Melt the chocolate, heavy cream, and mascarpone cheese in the top of a double boiler over hot water. As the mixture starts to melt together, stir gently with a rubber spatula, being careful not to inject any excess air into the mixture.
- Remove mixture from the heat just before the chocolate pieces are completely melted; continue to stir until all chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature.
- When the ganache is tepid, stir in the rum and coffee liqueur.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow, wide airtight container and refrigerate until firm.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the milk chocolate into small curls. Place in a small bowl and keep chilled.
- When the ganache is firm enough to shape, scoop bite-size spoonfuls and form into round balls. Coat each truffle in chocolate curls and place in mini cups (miny paper muffin liners work well).
- Keep chilled; bring to room temperature before serving.
Just made them today, and they are soooo heavenly. I haven't had them yet as completely finished with chocolate shavings but tasting them as I rolled them... they were unbelievable!
This is a great recipe -- I switched out the rum for rum essecne (1/2 t plus water) and the coffee liquer for coffee -- but it was WONDERFUL.