Recipe by Lainey39
To make this dessert lighter, replace the mascarpone cheese with Neufchatel cheese and the chocolate mixture with 6 T fat-free chocolate syrup. You'll save 306 calories and 36 grams of fat. Recipe is from First.
- 1 (8 ounce) containercold mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, like Kahlua
- 2 (4 ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, like Ghirardelli, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 (5 ounce) packagesprepared individual sponge cakes, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, confectioners' sugar and coffee-flavored liqueur; chill 5 minutes.
- Place cheese mixture in piping bag fitted with round tip.
- Meanwhile, placed chopped chocolate in bowl.
- In saucepot over medium-high heat, bring heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate; let sit 3 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Place 6 cakes on rack set over jelly-roll pan.
- Pipe cheese mixture on sponge cakes.
- Top with remaining sponge cakes.
- Pour chocolate over cakes to coat.
- Chill 10 minutes.