Recipe by yooper
This elegant dessert is a fitting finale to any special dinner or Holiday meal. To save time and elbow grease, you can sub a bag of Heath bar pieces for the chopped bars. If you want to kick this up a notch, brush the layers with a coating of your favorite liquer before frosting!
Top Review by haz33
Really outstanding Italian dessert! We had a dinner party for six and this was a great way to cap off the meal. There's a cake maker in a town adjacent to mine that makes the BEST cakes and this torte rivals his. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 4 Heath candy bars, crushed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 10 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Heath candy bar, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
- To make cake, beat together cake mix, coffee and egg whites on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Fold in chopped candy bars.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool on wire racks.
- When cool, split into 4 layers.
- For frosting: In a chilled bowl beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add whipped cream, syrup and coffee.
- Whip until thick and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Spread frosting over each layer.
- Top with crushed Heath bar.