Recipe by Angela G.
“This is a nice and original variation of classic Tiramisù. A crunch crust filled with a soft delicious egg cream on a bitter espresso sponge biscuit bed”.
- 1 lb flour
- 250 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 g water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons nutella
- 20 ladyfingers (called Savoiardi)
- 1 cup coffee
- 4 egg yolks
- 250 g cream cheese or 250 g mascarpone
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 100 g sugar
- marsala wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with crust: combine in a big salad pan or in a kneader the butter, the sugar, a pinch of salt, the egg, the lemon grated peel, the honey, the baking soda and the water. Once you get a soft cream, add the flour and quickly mix to make the dough. This step has to be really quick. Leave it into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Now prepare the coffee . Do not add any sugar inches If you like, you can add a little bit of Marsala wine when coffee is cold.
- After 30 minutes have passed, take your dough out of the fridge and roll out onto a floured surface, then move to a baking-pan covered with some baking paper, prick with a fork and put another sheet of baking paper on the surface. Fill with dry beans.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F and after that, open the oven, remove the dry beans with the sheet of baking paper and cook for other 10 minutes. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Prepare the cream: Combine yolks with sugar until you get a soft cream, then add cream cheese Mascarpone. Now gently put the whipped cream .
- Get the crust back, spread the Nutella on it. Quickly dip biscuits, one by one, into coffee and put on the Nutella layer. Recover the pastry surface with biscuits. Add a layer of egg cream and try to level out.
- Put into the fridge for 6 hours at least.
- Sprinkle the surface with bitter cocoa before serving.