Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This wonderful, delicious dessert comes from Martha Stewart, who else!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong coffee, cooled
- 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 8 ladyfingers
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- Whip cream in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to store.
- Combine coffee and choice of liquor in shallow bowl. Break 4 ladyfingers in half and dip them into coffee/liquor mixture until soaked but not falling apart.
- Arrange two halves of ladyfingers in a layer at the bottom of a parfait glass. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Repeat with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish each glass with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Serve immediately.