My most favorite "show off" desert for a small dinner party. A very simple version of the Italian classic. No raw eggs, cream cheese as an easier to find substitute for mascarpone and chocolate chip cookies which add more flavor and texture than the traditional Lady Fingers. I make this the day before using stemmed water goblets for a stunning presentation. Prep time does not include chilling 6 hours or overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 12 large chocolate chip cookies
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1In a small bowl, combine coffee liqueur, water, corn syrup, espresso powder and 2 tbsp powdered sugar until well blended.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 5 tbsp coffee syrup, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and cream cheese.
- 3Beat with an electric mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- 4In another large bowl, beat the chilled cream and the remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 5Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- 6To assemble: Break up 1 chocolate chip cookie into the bottom of each of 6 parfait glasses or wine goblets.
- 7Drizzle 1 tbsp of coffee syrup over each crumbled cookie.
- 8Spread 1/3 cup cream cheese filling over each.
- 9Repeat the layers.
- 10Top with sifted cocoa powder.
- 11Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.8
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.9 mg
- Sodium 312.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g