Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
My most favorite "show off" desert for a small dinner party. A very simple version of the Italian classic. No raw eggs, cream cheese as an easier to find substitute for mascarpone and chocolate chip cookies which add more flavor and texture than the traditional Lady Fingers. I make this the day before using stemmed water goblets for a stunning presentation. Prep time does not include chilling 6 hours or overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 12 large chocolate chip cookies
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, combine coffee liqueur, water, corn syrup, espresso powder and 2 tbsp powdered sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine 5 tbsp coffee syrup, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and cream cheese.
- Beat with an electric mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, beat the chilled cream and the remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- To assemble: Break up 1 chocolate chip cookie into the bottom of each of 6 parfait glasses or wine goblets.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of coffee syrup over each crumbled cookie.
- Spread 1/3 cup cream cheese filling over each.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with sifted cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Lorac,I made these for dessert for Christmas dinner. Wow, they were fantastic! The chocolate chip cookies gave them an interesting taste and a real change up from lady fingers. Thanks for sharing this recipe, it is a winner and will be made again and again, especially for entertaining, in my house. Many thanks from Tweeky.
I have had this recipe in my cookbook for months. These parfaits are decadent and delicious. There is only one problem -- the serving is just too large. Only one person could finish this dessert. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will make 8 servings. A no-fail, look great, terrific dessert for all to try.
I don't know if I should love you or hate you for sharing this one. Armed with this recipe my waist could get into alot of trouble. I guess I should thank you. It was divine.