Recipe by Charlotte J
I had the real stuff the other day. It was good, with all those calories but I think this one will be just as good.....and much healthier!
Top Review by PalatablePastime
This was very good! I bought a sugar-free angel cake at Wal-Mart to save time (I am oh so very late making this already!!) although I had found a recipe on RZ I had intended to use to make my own. Oh, and I used the Splenda brown sugar blend for the brown sugar. It is a LOT easier to make tiramisu this way, and much healthier too which is a plus. I do think when I make this again I will double the mascarpone and cream cheese mixture. Very nice! Thanks so much for sharing, CJ, and I apologize for being late, however hectic life has been lately. ~Sue
- 1 sugar-free angel food cake
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sugar-free angel food cake into one-inch cubes.
- Set aside.
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Combine mascarpone cheese and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons chilled coffee, brown sugar, Splenda Granular, and vanilla.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Pour remaining chilled coffee into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Assemble Tiramisu:.
- Quickly dip half of the angel food pieces into the coffee.
- Remove immediately and place in a medium glass serving bowl.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top of the angel food cake pieces.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder.
- Repeat process with remaining angel food cake, cheese mixture and cocoa.
- Cover and chill for three hours or overnight before serving.