1/9 Photos of Tiramisu Layer Cake
This is a fabulous recipe that is sure to impress! It looks and tastes like a much more difficult cake. It's a wonderful indulgence! (This cake was much easier for me to make the 2nd time around when I knew what to expect.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round pans.
- 2Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- 3Divide two thirds of batter between 2 pans.
- 4Stir instant coffee into remaining batter; pour into remaining pan.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 6Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- 7In a measuring cup, combine brewed coffee and 3 tablespoons Kahlua; set aside.
- 8To make the filling: In a small bowl, using an electric mixer set on low speed, combine mascarpone, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons Kahlua; beat just until smooth.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 10To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons Kahlua until stiff.
- 11Fold 1/2 cup of cream mixture into filling mixture.
- 12To assemble the cake: Place one plain cake layer on a serving plate. Using a thin skewer, poke holes in cake, about 1 inch apart.
- 13Spoon one third of reserved coffee mixture over cake, then spread with half of the filling mixture.
- 14Top with coffee-flavored cake layer; poke holes in cake.
- 15Spoon another third of the coffee mixture over the second layer and spread with the remaining filling.
- 16Top with remaining cake layer; poke holes in cake.
- 17Spoon remaining coffee mixture on top.
- 18Spread sides and top of cake with frosting.
- 19Place cocoa in a sieve and lightly dust top of cake.
- 20Garnish with chocolate curls.
- 21Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 22To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 320.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: