1/9 Photos of Tiramisu Layer Cake
This is a fabulous recipe that is sure to impress! It looks and tastes like a much more difficult cake. It's a wonderful indulgence! (This cake was much easier for me to make the 2nd time around when I knew what to expect.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round pans.
- 2Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- 3Divide two thirds of batter between 2 pans.
- 4Stir instant coffee into remaining batter; pour into remaining pan.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 6Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- 7In a measuring cup, combine brewed coffee and 3 tablespoons Kahlua; set aside.
- 8To make the filling: In a small bowl, using an electric mixer set on low speed, combine mascarpone, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons Kahlua; beat just until smooth.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 10To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons Kahlua until stiff.
- 11Fold 1/2 cup of cream mixture into filling mixture.
- 12To assemble the cake: Place one plain cake layer on a serving plate. Using a thin skewer, poke holes in cake, about 1 inch apart.
- 13Spoon one third of reserved coffee mixture over cake, then spread with half of the filling mixture.
- 14Top with coffee-flavored cake layer; poke holes in cake.
- 15Spoon another third of the coffee mixture over the second layer and spread with the remaining filling.
- 16Top with remaining cake layer; poke holes in cake.
- 17Spoon remaining coffee mixture on top.
- 18Spread sides and top of cake with frosting.
- 19Place cocoa in a sieve and lightly dust top of cake.
- 20Garnish with chocolate curls.
- 21Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 22To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 320.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: