Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
It is quite rich so you might consider smaller sized pieces.
Make and share this Tiramisu IV recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mascarpone (can use substitute)
- 24 ladyfingers, split lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup water, hot
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (+ 2 Tbsp)
- 1 2⁄3 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- to taste whipping cream, Extra for garnish
- Arrange half the lady fingers in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix hot water with coffee granules and 2 Tbsp brandy. Pour 1/2 this mixture gently over lady fingers. Set aside.
- Make a zabaglione by beating the egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler until ivory colored.
- Add 1/4 cup brandy and whisk over simmering water until the mixture starts to thicken - 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool a little. Stir constantly while cooking.
- Carefully mix zabaglione with mascarpone cheese. It will appear to be quite liquid.
- Whip the egg whites until very stiff and fold into zabaglione/mascarpone mixture.
- Pour 1/2 zabaglione mixture over the lady fingers, which have been soaking up the coffee/brandy mixture.
- Top with 1/2 whipped cream. Sprinkle with 1/2 of cocoa powder and 1/2 of grated chocolate. Place balance of lady fingers on top of this to create a second layer.
- Pour remaining coffee mixture carefully over these lady fingers.
- Then repeat layers; zabaglione, whipped cream, cocoa powder and grated chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate till set. It is best if left over-night.
- When ready serve, decorate with piped-on whipped cream around the edges and more chocolate and/or cocoa powder if desired.
- NOTE: You can substitute Marsala wine for the brandy if you prefer and like the taste of Marsala.