Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Great to serve to company as this needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours before serving. Prep time includes chilling time. Serving size is only estimated depending on the size of your dessert glasses.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers (about 25 ladyfingers)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened (or use one 8-ounce package softened cream cheese)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- grated chocolate
- In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in hot water; set aside about 1 tablespoon in a small cup.
- Cut each ladyfinger crosswise into quarters.
- Brush the remaining coffee mixture over the cut sides of the ladyfingers; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat 3/4 cup condensed milk and the mascarpone or cream cheese (if using).
- Add in 1-1/4 cups whipping cream, 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla and the 1 tablespoon reserved coffee mixture; beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the remaining condensed milk.
- In 8 tall dessert glasses or parfait glasses, layer mascarpone mixture, chocolate mixture and the ladyfinger pieces, beginning and ending with the mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Just before serving, in a medium bowl beat 1 cup whipping cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form.
- To serve spoon/divide the whipped cream over the top of each dessert.
- Grate chocolate over the whipped cream.