- In bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar till light about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup coffee and 1 Tbsp brandy or almond extract. Transfer to double boiler, over gently simmering water, whisk for about 7 minutes, till thickened.
- Let cool.
- Beat cheese till smooth, fold into egg mixture. Whip cream, stir 1/4 into egg mixture. Fold in remaining cream.
- Combine remaining strong coffee and 1 Tbsp brandy or almond extract. Arrange 1/2 of ladyfingers in 11X7" glass baking dish, brush with half of coffee mixture. Spread with half of cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Top with chocolate. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Can be frozen for up to 2 weeks, let defrost in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- the amount of liquor in this recipe has been reduced.