Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Another from Bill Granger. The magnificent tiramisu ice-cream cake can be prepared a day in advance. It is very straightforward to make but has a great show-off factor and will leave your guests satisfied, impressed and wondering how you managed it on a weeknight.
- 2 cups strong coffee, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup marsala
- 200 g ladyfingers (savoiardi)
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream, softened
- 150 g grated dark chocolate
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper or clingfilm. Combine the coffee, kahlua and marsala in a bowl.
- Dip half the biscuits into the coffee mix and use to line the base of the tin. Layer half the ice-cream on top and then half the grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until frozen.