Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious, creamy dessert.
- 2 -3 shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons masala
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese or 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated dark chocolate or cocoa powder, to serve
- Mix one tablespoon of the coffee with the Masala.
- Whisk the Mascarpone cheese or yoghurt with the remaining coffee until smooth.
- Beat the cream with the vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Take a small, shallow dish, such as a champagne bowl or soufflé ramekin and spread a layer of cream over the bottom.
- Place a layer of the cookies over the top of the cream and pour half the coffee and Masala mixture over them.
- Spread the Mascarpone/yoghurt mixture onto the cookies.
- Place another layer of cookies into the dish and spoon the remaining coffee mixture over them.
- Top the cookies with the cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder or grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.