Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes a huge batch of tiramisu great for a potluck or picnic. They will think you slaved in the kitchen over this one. For the cake layer, you can use angel food cake, lady fingers or slice up shortcake cups.
- 3 (5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container extra thick Cool Whip topping
- 7 -8 cups milk
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 cups coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar (approximately)
- cocoa powder (to garnish)
- You first want to make the coffee mixture.
- This can be achieved by brewing about 3-4 tbsp of coffee with about 4 cups of water.
- Add sugar to the brewed coffee, mix well and chill.
- Slice up the angel food cake and set aside.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for approximately 1 minute.
- Then prepare the pudding as directed(7-8 cups of milk as listed above).
- You will need an extra large bowl or mix it in a stainless steel pot.
- Once the pudding is prepared, add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Pour coffee in a large bowl.
- Dip each sliced piece of cake in coffee as you make 1 layer in dish.
- Spoon creamy mixture over top of cake.
- Then repeat steps to make another layer.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and let chill for at least 4 hours.
- You can also garnish top with chocolate shavings.