Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Tiramisu with Triple Sec liqueur. Not for children or feint of heart! A real Christmas delight. I make these and give them for gifts, and everyone says it's the best they've ever had! Give it a try!
- 3 separated eggs
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 (36 count) packages ladyfingers, from italian market (About 36 to a pkg)
- 3⁄4 cup orange liqueur (Triple Sec is best)
- 3⁄4 cup espresso coffee
- 3 -4 ounces grated semisweet chocolate
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in medium-sized bowl and beat well.
- In 2nd bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a 3rd, large bowl, combine egg yolk mixture and the marscapone cheese. Then fold in egg whites until blended. (Don't overmix!).
- Arrange ladyfingers tightly around bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Using a spoon, dribble less than half of the Triple Sec and less than half the coffee on the exposed surface of the ladyfingers.
- Cover the ladyfingers with the marscapone/egg mixture. Now cover that with another layer of ladyfingers.
- Cover the second layer of ladyfingers with the remaining coffee & Triple Sec. Sprinkle grated chocolate over the top layer of ladyfingers.
- NOW THE HARD PART! Place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. (I put a dish under springform pan to catch any liquids that may leak).
- (Tiramisu can be made 24 hours in advance).