Recipe by LAURIE
These take a little while to complete but are well worth it! DD#1 (the pastry chef) brought this recipe home from a cookie class, BTW she loves Tiramisu.
Top Review by christsg
I absolutely love the filling--delish. HOWEVER, the cookie part did not turn out for me AT ALL (they turned out as flat as paper), and they didn't have much flavor either. I plan to use the filling with Nilla Wafters or some such thing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, diced at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 3 ounces quality white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons crushed chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, place mascarpone cheese in mixing bowl.
- Dissolve coffee in the rum.
- Add coffee rum and brown sugar to the cheese.
- Mix together well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- Preheat over to 400°.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- For cookies, cream caster sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag with a ½ inch plain nozzle attached, or you could us a heavy-duty plastic bag and snip off a bout ½ inch from 1 corner.
- Pipe 28 small blobs onto the baking sheets, spacing slightly apart.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until firm in the center and just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To assemble, spread the filling over half of the cookies.
- Top with the other halves.
- Put chocolate and milk together into a small bowl and place over hot water.
- DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- When chocolate is melted stir vigorously to make a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the topping over the cookies and sprinkle with grated crushed chocolate flakes.