Recipe by caffeine junkie
This is an adapatation of my Tiramisu Cheesecake, Tiramisu Cheesecake. My friend and I have been waiting to try this recipe and thought they would be great as cupcakes... and they are! Use gold or silver double-lined paper baking cups, as the regular ones get kind of soggy. Don't be intimidated by the steps! It may look long, but it's a lot easier than it looks! Prep time does not include cooling and refrigeration.
- 60 vanilla wafers
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot water, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 30 cupcake tins with paper baking cups. Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well blended, scraping frequently. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 3 t. coffee granules in 1 Tbspp hot water. Remove 3 1/2 cups of cheesecake batter; place in medium bowl. Stir in dissolved coffee.
- In a small bowl, dissolve remaining 2 tsp coffee granules in remaining 2 Tbsp hot water.
- Lightly brush each vanilla wafer, just enough to moisten the entire cookie.
- Evenly divide coffee-flavored batter over wafers. Repeat wafer layering and brushing of coffee mixture (step 5).
- Evenly divide remaining plain batter over wafers. Bake 25-30 minutes, until edges are slightly puffed.
- Cool to room temperature. Spoon or pipe Cool Whip over each cheesecake. Dust each cheesecake with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Store cheesecake in refrigerator.