Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The yummiest thing you ever put in your mouth!!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or margerine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 24 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate (grated)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened chocolate
- Make the crust first. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch springform pan.
- Stir butter and espresso powder in small bowl until combined.
- Stir in crumbs until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Pat evenly over bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on wire rack. Keep oven on.
- Tightly cover outside bottom and sides of springform pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Make the filling. Beat cream cheese and mascarpone in large mixer bowl at medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Scrape sides with rubber spatula and continue mixing until completely smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce speed to medium and beat in sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Pour 4 cups of filling over crust in prepared pan, and place in large roasting pan.
- Dissolve espresso in hot water. Fold into remaining filling with brandy and grated chocolate.
- Spoon mixture evenly over filling in pan; smooth top with spatula.
- Place pan on oven rack. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come 1-inch up side of springform pan.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours or until center is just set.
- Remove cheesecake from water bath.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Remove foil, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan and remove sides.
- Sprinkle Unsweetened Chocolate over top of cheesecake. (I use a sifter to do this).
DELICIOUS! Baked this the other day for DH's b'day. It was loved by all. Great flavor and loved the two layers. I made it in a 9" push pan (new springform type by Kuhn Rikon) and I must say I am glad I did. It filled it to the top! So my advice is to not use an 8"pan. That being said it baked up beautifully for about the time listed. Only variation I did was to make my own crust with ground chocolate wafer cookies, finely ground coffee beans, grated dark chocolate, butter and a bit of sugar. It was BLISS...
You were absolutely right Gayle on this being the yummiest thing you ever put in your mouth!! I made this for my department at work and got rave reviews across the board. The smoothness of the cheesecake paired with the delectable flavor of tiramisu was married beautifully in this recipe!!! Thank you so much an outstanding cheesecake!