2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Gayle McGowan's Note:
The yummiest thing you ever put in your mouth!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or margerine)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 24 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate (grated)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened chocolate
- 1Make the crust first. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter an 8-inch springform pan.
- 3Stir butter and espresso powder in small bowl until combined.
- 4Stir in crumbs until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- 5Pat evenly over bottom of prepared pan.
- 6Bake 10 minutes, cool on wire rack. Keep oven on.
- 7Tightly cover outside bottom and sides of springform pan with heavy-duty foil.
- 8Make the filling. Beat cream cheese and mascarpone in large mixer bowl at medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- 9Scrape sides with rubber spatula and continue mixing until completely smooth (about 3 minutes).
- 10Reduce speed to medium and beat in sugar, vanilla and salt.
- 11Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 12Pour 4 cups of filling over crust in prepared pan, and place in large roasting pan.
- 13Dissolve espresso in hot water. Fold into remaining filling with brandy and grated chocolate.
- 14Spoon mixture evenly over filling in pan; smooth top with spatula.
- 15Place pan on oven rack. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come 1-inch up side of springform pan.
- 16Bake 1-1/4 hours or until center is just set.
- 17Remove cheesecake from water bath.
- 18Cool completely on wire rack. Remove foil, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 19Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan and remove sides.
- 20Sprinkle Unsweetened Chocolate over top of cheesecake. (I use a sifter to do this).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.4
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 276.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: