Recipe by caffeine junkie
This comes from the Kraft Food & Family magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks so good, and so simple. If you have access to mascarpone cheese, I suggest using it instead of cream cheese... it tastes so much better!
Top Review by I_luv_sweets
This is in the top two for my all-time favorite cheesecake. Everyone loves this. I think the coffee flavor is what keeps this from being overly rich. My husband doesn't really care for cheesecake, but he enjoys this one. I, too, found this recipe on the Kraft site. I make mine in a 9" springform pan, so I do make a crumb crust using 1/2 of the vanilla wafers, plus 2 T sugar, and 1/3 cup melted butter. I bake the crust at 350 for 8 minutes. When cooled, I brush it with some of the coffee mixture.
- 340.19 g box vanilla wafers
- 24.64 ml instant coffee, divided
- 44.37 ml hot water, divided
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml Cool Whip, thawed
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 13x9x2" pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Layer half of the wafers (44) on bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 2 t. coffee granules in 2 T. hot water. Brush wafers with half of the dissolved coffee mixture; set remaining aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Dissolve remaining 3 t. coffee granules in remaining 1 T. hot water.
- Remove 3 1/2 cups of batter; place in medium bowl. Stir in dissolved coffee.
- Pour coffee-flavored batter over wafers in baking pan. Layer remaining wafers over batter. Brush wafers with reserved dissolved coffee. Pour remaining plain batter over wafers.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil handles. Spread with whipped topping; dust with cocoa.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.