Recipe by Rita~
This is a very simple cake made with a boxed cake, coffee ice cream and a cream cheese frosting. My friend Tim gave this to me. He found it in Family Circle. I tweeked and here it is for you.
Top Review by Nikoma
Well I made this exactly as written. If you didn't tell me it was supposed to be a tiramisu cake I never would have known. The cake was good but hardly any (if any) coffee flavor came through, and if I were to make it again I would probably cut the cake in half lengthwise and layer the cake with the frosting. It got eaten, no problems there! Just not what I was hoping for.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat standard bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour, shake out excess.
- With electric mixer, beat cake mix, melted ice cream, & eggs in a bowl for 3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, butter, liqueur & vanilla on medium speed until light & creamy (2 mins or so). On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners sugar, about 1 to 2 minutes. Refrigerate while cake cools.
- Once cake is cool, spread frosting over top & sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Dust with cocoa.