Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came in an email this morning from my Pampered Chef Consultant. "Coffee liqueur makes a bold statement in this dramatic dessert. If desired, use our nonalcoholic variation, as shown in our Cook's Tip."
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as called for on the brownie package)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as called for on the brownie package)
- 2 eggs (or as called for on the brownie package)
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) dark chocolate bars, divided
- 1⁄2-1 cup coffee liqueur (see Cook's Tip)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line Large Sheet Pan with a 20-inchpiece of Parchment Paper; set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter into pan; bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownie from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Meanwhile, attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator. Fill with about 3/4 cup of the whipped topping; set aside. Chop 1 1/2 of the chocolate bars using Food Chopper; set aside. For filling, combine 1/2 cup coffee liqueur, water and instant coffee in Small Batter Bowl; stir until dissolved using Stainless Whisk. In Stainless (4-quart) Mixing Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add coffee mixture to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix to cream cheese mixture; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in remaining whipped topping and chopped chocolate using Master Scraper; set aside.
- Cut brownie into 1-inch cubes using Pizza Cutter. If desired, using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush brownie cubes with additional 1/2 cup coffee liqueur.
- To assemble trifle, place one-third of the brownie cubes into Trifle Bowl. Layer one-third of the filling evenly over brownies. Repeat layers two more times. Pipe whipped topping in rows 1/2 inch apart over filling. Grate remaining chocolate bar over whipped topping using Rotary Grater.
- Cook’s Tips: To make a substitution for coffee liqueur, combine 3/4 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp instant coffee granules and 1 tsp rum extract in Large Micro-Cooker Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Chill before using.