Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe came in an email this morning from my Pampered Chef Consultant. "Coffee liqueur makes a bold statement in this dramatic dessert. If desired, use our nonalcoholic variation, as shown in our Cook's Tip."
Top Review by heartnurse2006
I used this at my first demonstration as a Pampered Chef consultant, the recipe was easy to follow and everyone loved it. Not traditional tiramisu, of course, but pretty good regardless. It does take practice to make the layers look pretty in the trifle bowl though.
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as called for on the brownie package)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as called for on the brownie package)
- 2 eggs (or as called for on the brownie package)
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) dark chocolate bars, divided
- 1⁄2-1 cup coffee liqueur (see Cook's Tip)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line Large Sheet Pan with a 20-inchpiece of Parchment Paper; set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter into pan; bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownie from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Meanwhile, attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator. Fill with about 3/4 cup of the whipped topping; set aside. Chop 1 1/2 of the chocolate bars using Food Chopper; set aside. For filling, combine 1/2 cup coffee liqueur, water and instant coffee in Small Batter Bowl; stir until dissolved using Stainless Whisk. In Stainless (4-quart) Mixing Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add coffee mixture to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix to cream cheese mixture; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in remaining whipped topping and chopped chocolate using Master Scraper; set aside.
- Cut brownie into 1-inch cubes using Pizza Cutter. If desired, using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush brownie cubes with additional 1/2 cup coffee liqueur.
- To assemble trifle, place one-third of the brownie cubes into Trifle Bowl. Layer one-third of the filling evenly over brownies. Repeat layers two more times. Pipe whipped topping in rows 1/2 inch apart over filling. Grate remaining chocolate bar over whipped topping using Rotary Grater.
- Cook’s Tips: To make a substitution for coffee liqueur, combine 3/4 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp instant coffee granules and 1 tsp rum extract in Large Micro-Cooker Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Chill before using.