Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Yummy coffee-soaked brownies layered with cream cheese flavored whipped topping. Low in calories, salt and fat. Yum! Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat and 2 carbs. Time does not include cooling time. From Spring 2013 Diabetic Living magazine.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package fudge, browning mix (sugar-free)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg product (Egg Beaters)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 of an 8-ounce tub fat free cream cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon shaved bittersweet chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat an 8x8x2-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine browning mix, applesauce, egg and oil, stirring with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut half of the brownies into 1-inch-square pieces. (Store the remaining half for another use.) Transfer the brownie pieces to a large bowl. Pour the coffee over brownie pieces, toss to coat lightly. Let stand 10 minutes to allow brownies to soak up the coffee.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine cream cheese, milk, dessert topping mix and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Cover and chill until ready to assemble parfaits.
- To serve, layer a few coffee-soaked browning pieces in the bottom of each of six 4- to 6-ounce glasses. Top each with a dollop of the whipped topping mixture. Layer with the remaining browning pieces; top each with another dollop of the whipping topping. Lightly sift cocoa powder over parfaits if desired, garnish with shaved chocolate.