Recipe by Chef Mac91
This was the first recipe I ever tried for bread pudding. I love tiramisu & my boyfriend loves bread pudding so it was a hit. Found in a BH&G magazine...the bottom ingredients serve as the glaze on top! Also, the recipe calls for custard cups or ramekins, but I used a 2 qt casserole dish and increased the bake time to 45-50 minutes.
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups white bread, slices torn (about 12 slices)
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Topper Ingredients
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F In a large bowl stir together milk, whipping cream & coffee crystals until coffee is dissolved. Reserve ONE tablespoon of milk mixture; set aside.
- Stir eggs, the sugars, and vanilla into milk mixture. Stir in bread pieces until moistened. Evenly divide among eight ungreased 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups, filling each almost full. Place on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until puffed, set, and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack (puddings will fall slightly as they cool).
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and reserved one tablespoon milk mixture; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread pudding. Dollop with Cream Cheese Topper.
- Cream Cheese Topper: Beat whipping cream, cream cheese, & powdered sugar until soft peaks form.