Recipe by Purple Jellybean
I got this recipe from Apron's in Publix and I changed a few things with it and it is the best thing ever :)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (or powder)
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
- 3 cups reduced-fat milk
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 48 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (rinsed and cut into quarters)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese in large bowl and cut into 6–8 chunks. Remove lid from whipped topping; set both aside to soften. Place water in microwave-safe cup. Microwave on HIGH 30–40 seconds or until hot. Stir in coffee granules; set aside to cool.
- Grate chocolate coarsely using largest holes of cheese grater; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until creamy. Add milk gradually, mixing well, until thoroughly blended. Add dry pudding mix; mix until blended.
- Stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Place 24 cookies in bottom of dessert bowl; drizzle with one-half of the coffee. Spoon in one-half of the pudding mixture; sprinkle with one-half of the chocolate. Repeat all layers.
- Top with remaining 1 cup whipped topping and strawberries. Chill until ready to serve.