Recipe by hepcat1
Easy to make and delicious! Looks beautiful served in a trifle bowl.
Top Review by viniferous
I love this recipe and have received rave reviews every time I make it. I mix the Kahlua with Triple Espresso Vodka for a litlle different taste and I always make a bit extra to really soak the lady fingers. This recipe makes a lot - I use 2 9"x9" pans. I brought 1 pan to a party and froze the other one. After 3 months in the freezer, I defrosted it in the fridge, and it still tasted great and as light and fluffy as the day I made it. I did add an extra splash of Kahlua just to give it a little kick - freezing it slightly reduced the alcohol taste.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 24 cakelike ladyfingers
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove plastic wrap, and add cream cheese.
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Combine hot water, Kahlúa, and espresso.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- Arrange 16 ladyfinger halves, flat sides down, in a trifle bowl or large glass bowl.
- Drizzle with 1/2 cup Kahlúa mixture.
- Spread one-third of pudding mixture evenly over ladyfingers.
- sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa.
- Repeat layers, ending with cocoa.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.