Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've tried many recipes, but this is my all time favorite.
Make and share this Tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g packagesavoiardi ladyfingers (need approx. 35 cookies)
- 473.18 ml brewed espresso coffee, strong
- 59.14 ml Kahlua (for coffee mixture)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 88.74 ml granulated sugar
- 475 g container mascarpone cheese
- 28.39 ml Kahlua (for cheese mixture)
- 28.34-56.69 g semisweet chocolate, grated
- Prepare express coffee and let cool.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the mascarpone cheese and the 1/8 cup liqueur and beat until smooth and lump free.
- In a another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture just until combined. Set aside.
- Combine the coffee and the 1/4 cup liqueur. Dip the lady fingers one at a time completely into the coffee mixture (do not let sit in the coffee). Layer the bottom of a 10" spring form pan with biscuits. Cut biscuits to fill in all of the spaces. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the lady fingers. Grate chocolate over cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers of lady fingers ad cheese mixture. Sprinkle the cake with the remaining chocolate, covering completely.
- Refrigerate 5 - 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Note: If the tiramisu is too soft, it can be frozen and served either frozen or partially frozen.