1 hr 5 mins
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
This is a recipe make-over from Cooking Light Magazine. Prep time does not include chill time in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dark roast coffee, ground
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua, divided
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat version)
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) package ladyfingers (crisp-savolardi, 24-count)
- 3/4 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely grated
- 1Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil, and remove from heat. Add coffee; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a medium bowl; discard solids. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and 1 tablespoons Kahlua in the top of a double boiler, stirring well with a whisk. Cook over simmering water, whisking constantly, until thick and candy thermometer registers 160 degrees ( about 9 minutes). Remove from heat; refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 3Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until medium peaks form. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until the candy thermometer registers 250 degrees. With mixer on low speed, carefully pour hot syrup over egg whites. Gradually increase speed to high; beat for 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form (do not overmix).
- 4Combine egg yolk mixture, cream cheese, and mascarpone cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture; gently fold remaining egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- 5Add remaining 1 tbs. Kahlua to coffee. Quickly dip 12 ladyfingers into coffee mixture; arrange in the bottom of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Sprinkle with half of chocolate. Repeat procedure with the remaining ladyfingers, coffee mixture, and cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 133.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark roast coffee